Sunday 31 July 2016

Converting a Printable Quote into A Cut File - Harry Potter T-Shirt





Hello, Karen here - I recently saw a set of Harry Potter quotes which were free printables and thought 'one of those would be fab on a T-shirt for Gracia' so I set about making one.


You will need:-

Silhouette Cameo/Curio/Portrait
Gold Glitter HTV
T-Shirt

STEP 1 - Tracing your design


  • Download your quote and open it in your Silhouette software

  • Use the TRACE tool to draw a square around the text (yellow square with blue centre on top menu bar. 
  • Uncheck the High Pass Filter and tick the Low Pass Filter and adjust the threashold until all of your writing is yellow. 
  • Select the TRACE button and your text will be traced.  Delete the printed text and you will be left with a cutting file.  Select your file and choose RELEASE from the MODIFY menu.  This will separate all the parts of the cutting file and you will be able to remove the little bits and pieces that have been traced but you do not want.  I also removed the names from the bottom of my file. Once you are satisfied you only have the parts you wish to cut select all and group.



STEP 2 - Cutting Your Vinyl

  • Next I drew a square around my text and under the OBJECT menu at the top left of your screen I chose MIRROR and then FLIP HORIZONTALLY. 
  • Finally I cut my text out from some glitter HTV and transferred it to my T-Shirt.  
I am really pleased with the result and am certainly going to make several more T-Shirts with Harry Potter quotes on them as I think they will make fabulous Christmas presents (sorry for mentioning Christmas in July but you can never plan too far ahead).






My Blog

PRODUCTS USED:






1 comment:

  1. This looks fabulous Karen - great idea for Christmas presents.

    ReplyDelete