Sunday 10 July 2016

Etched WiFi sign using the Curio


Hi! Bev here with a Curio project.  This is the first time I have tried my hand at etching with the Curio, and I have created this metal etched WiFi information board (I have used a series of random numbers for the router and password, I did not want to leave it blank as I felt it would alter the finished effect)

What you will need:
  • Silhouette Curio 
  • Silhouette etching blade
  • Silhouette metal etching sheets 
Step One

Open up a new page in Silhouette Studio and select the text icon.  Type what you would like your metal sign to read and select a font.


It is not necessary to colour the text, but for the purposes of this tutorial I have filled the text black so it can be easily read.

I decided to use an arrow as an added element to the sign.  It gives it a little added 'something' to the overall effect.

The arrow is from a set that is available in the Silhouette store, and once on the page, I un-grouped the arrows and deleted the ones I would not be using.  You can do this by selecting the image, right click and ungroup.  I flipped the one I wanted to use horizontally and placed it underneath the text.




Step Two

The next step is to place the metal etching sheet onto the mat and build the Curio platforms to the required number, which in this case is 5.  Select the etching blade in the cut settings and send to the Curio.





Once the etching is complete, remove it from the Curio and give it a little brush to remove the excess filings (although not with bare hands) and there you have your completed project!

I loved sharing this with you and look forward to see what you create with your Curio.

DESIGNS USED:

Font - LW Splendid
Thin Arrows by Kolette Hall Design ID #37815

PRODUCTS USED:


2 comments:

  1. What a great idea., Thanks Bev!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really made me laugh...modern technology meets modern life style! My visitors will love a sign like this😁 Thanks x

    ReplyDelete