Monday 25 July 2016

Quotes on layouts - Getting Inspired by Pinterest

Quotes on layouts - Getting Inspired by Pinterest

Hiiii Caroline here with another layout for you.

I don't know about you but I love a great title on my pages and find myself scouring Pinterest for inspiration. I feel that I want the children to have ongoing messages from me to them, that they can take through life and keep at their core. That's where this layout began!


Here is the quote I found on Pinterest...


I love this and it's a great message for children and adults alike.

What you will need:
  • plain cardstock
  • silhouette cameo
  • acrylic paint
  • paintbrush
  • patterned paper
  • embellishments
 Now for the 'how to' bit...

Here is the cut file that I used...


I started out by making the shapes the size that I wanted, mine are roughly 3 x 4"...


I sent them to cut on the textured cardstock setting...





Once these are cut just set them to one side for the moment.

I no focused on the title. I knew I wanted it on the left hand side of the page so I clicked the text button on the left hand side of the page...


I typed the first part of the quote out and chose the style and size of the text by highlighting it and doing the following...



 I sent mine to cut on the textured cardstock setting as before.

Now for the fun part of popping it all together.
I chose some bright and fun colours that matched the papers I would be using. This bit is super simple!!!! Just add globs of paint and then messily spread it out to roughly the same size as the speech bubbles and then place it on the top and press it in gently. You don't need any glue as it sticks anyway. Then with the remaining paint on your brush, tap gently over the page for gorgeous splatters of paint. Repeat this with all four shapes...





I then backed the paper with a bold pink that matched the paint and papers. I wanted it to pop out so I used children's craft foam to raise it up off the backing paper...


The final thing was to cluster a bunch of pretty papers together, I like to add strips and odd angles for interest to the layers...


Finally adding in some tiny letters to the speech bubbles to complete the quote and some fun embellishments like flair badges and puffy stickers, oh and I adore tiny word stickers too.

Here are some close ups...






There you have it, a quick and easy project that lets you get messy and have a play. I hope the girls look back on these all the time, just to remind them that I think they are pretty AMAZING!

Thanks for taking the time to read this and please leave a comment as we love to hear from you.

'Til next time

C x

you can also find me here...

blog
facebook
instagram
pinterest

 Products Used:

PRODUCTS USED:









Light hold cutting mat for Cameo














































2 comments:

  1. Lovely bright project Caroline. I'd like to try that acrylic paint!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work and they are going to love this through the years!

    ReplyDelete