Friday 13 January 2017

Saving your kids artwork





Hey there, it's Sara. As a parent, I found out very early that I can't keep all of my daughters art. The little wall we have in her bedroom dedicated to her drawings has now been over filled! Here is a small tutorial of how you can display your kids art in a beautiful way and not let it take over your walls!


What you need:

Childs drawing
Frame
Padded Stickers
Silhouette Cameo/Portrait/Curio
HEART Design ( ID #57836)



PREPARING YOUR DESIGN:

I am using the heart shape to display my daughters design, where I will  cut part of her drawings into heart shapes and frame it in. 
The best way of knowing how many hearts you can have on your frame is to set your page size to your frame size. Mine was 30 x 40 cm.

Using the Heart design, duplicate the design and fit them inside the page.

Most of my daughter's work is painted on A3 paper, but for this project, I will keep the size of the cut paper to 12 x 12. This way, I cut several hearts from each painting with various styles so I have more options for the finished frame later on.


I chose 24 of the hearts that I liked best,


I doubled the pad sticker so it can give some depth to the hearts.

Whats left was to align the hearts on the paper,

and then framed the work. 





















`



DESIGNS USED:

    




PRODUCTS USED:














No comments:

Post a Comment