Hello, hello it's Karen here with a tutorial on how to make a quick and easy piece of home decor.
You will need:
Black Gesso (depending on the colour of vinyl you use)
- The first thing to do was to paint my canvas with black gesso as I wanted to use gold and silver vinyl.
- I knew the sentiment I wanted to put onto the canvas 'My Love For You Was Written In The Stars' so looked for a suitable background and chose this one.
- Next I chose a font to write my text - for this I used Miss Millie, which is a quirky and fun font.
- I then deleted the writing and sent the stars to my Silhouette CAMEO® to cut from silver vinyl.
- I then cut the text from gold vinyl.
- After weeding the two lots of vinyl I used transfer tape to remove the text from the paper backing and then carefully positioned this over the stars and picked up the stars.
- The final step was to adhere the vinyl to my canvas and I had a beautiful piece of home decor .
I enjoyed making this so much that I have made several more with different sentiments on.