Friday 2 June 2017

Cutting Backgrounds into Patterned Paper



Hey there Silhouette Fans, Niki here with you today. I almost always cut my shapes onto white cardstock. Sometimes I cut out a shape from patterned paper and place it on a white background. Today I was brave, and have created a background that I have cut directly into patterned paper.

I simply started off with a star file that I ungrouped and deleted the additional bits until I had just the star I needed left.


I then arranged, re-sized, multiplied until I had a big star cluster at the top of my cutting mat. I then cut this design from a dark, bold patterned paper. I did then place white cardstock behind it (sorry I couldn't resist) using a number of foam pads to add dimension.

My finished layout is super fun! I added some stitching detail around the two large stars. If I had thought about this at the cutting stage I would have added an offset and cut those as 'perforated' but this was a detail I decided my layout needed when it was almost finished, d'oh, too late! That photo of my boy is just the funniest lol


Thanks so much for stopping by - have a go at cutting backgrounds directly into your patterned paper, the results are great!


Find me on my own blog: Being Scrappy and on Instagram as @nikiclaire

DESIGNS USED:

PRODUCTS USED:


No comments:

Post a Comment