Hello, hello, Karen here :0)
Today I am going to show you how I made the Birthday card I gave to my husband recently. I was racking my brains wondering how to make a suitable masculine card for him as he isn't into football or other sports that feature heavily on cards and I remembered I had some Silhouette wood sheets just begging to be used.
I chose this design but didn't want a flat card, I wanted the front panel to look as though it had been cut from a piece of wood (he is a very talented carpenter amongst other things).
- I opened the file and ungrouped the design.
- I then deleted the large rectangle and perforated line, leaving me with just the cog design, which I then grouped.
- I drew a 5.5in square and used the centre option, on the transform panel to centre the two pieces of my design. I then resized the whole design to 4.75ins square as the wood sheets are only 5 ins wide.
- This was cut 4 times from kraft card and once from a wood sheet. It does take a long while but well worth the wait.
- The next step was to carefully glue the kraft panels together so that they perfectly aligned and to add the wood panel to the top.
- I used the two inch strip that remained at the bottom of my wood sheet to make a sentiment for the inside of the card. I cut this once in wood and twice in kraft.