Wednesday 4 October 2017

For Real Life??? Filling Letters Using Sketch Pens



Hey there, Niki here today with a tutorial on how to fill letters using your Silhouette Sketch Pens. I only have the Basic Edition Software and am always a little jealous of the sketch fill function on the Designer Edition. I therefore attempted to create my own fill effect.

I began by typing my title in my chosen font using the Text tool.


I then ungrouped the letters, nudged them together so they overlapped slightly and then welded them all together. I repeated for each word.


I then re-sized and re-positioned the words on to my background.

Now for the fill effect - I selected the words and then created an internal offset from the Offset menu. I played around with the Distance. I started off with 0.050. I continued to create more and more offsets, each time playing with the Distance.

I continued to crete offsets until the letters looked mostly filled. Then I sent the design to the Silhouette with my pink glittery sketch pen loaded.

I really like the effect and it's a great option to use even if you don't have the Designer Edition like me and it was really easy to create.




Thank you so much for stopping by to see my layout, happy scrapping xx


DESIGNS USED:



PRODUCTS USED:


No comments:

Post a Comment