Monday 9 October 2017

Making A Spooky Halloween Title


Hello,hello  Karen here with a fun title I created.


I haven't ever really done Halloween and thought that now Gracia has well and truly left home I wouldn't need to make a Halloween layout.  Well it all started with a scrapbook kit I use and part of this months kit was die cuts from the American Crafts Bootiful Nights range.  One of the die cuts was a cute bat with purple ears.  I then went shopping to my local supermarket and saw a Halloween headband with cute purple ears and instantly thought -'KIERA'.  I knew I could get a photo of her wearing them and then only needed a suitable title for my page.

I started by writing the word BATDOG in LWGothic font size 150. I then gave it a 0.25 offset as I wanted to use the purple sparkly card that came in the kit.


Next I opened this bat file and resized them to 50%.


I removed the bat from the tree using the knife tool to separate its legs from the branch.


The next step was to add him to the bottom of my title and weld him there. I added the other two bats (reducing the larger one to 65%) to either side of my title.  I also removed the fangs from the one on the left as I didn't want a vampire bat.
I cut the title out in purple and black and also cut two branches with bats hanging from them to add to my page.  Finally I gave all my bats little purple ears!

There we have a fun page that was inspired by a cheeky little bat die cut.  You never know where this hobby of ours will take you next.







DESIGNS USED:

No comments:

Post a Comment