Saturday 2 December 2017

HoHoHo - Adding an Outline with Sketch Pens



Hi! Niki here with you today with a quick and easty tutorial on how to add some definition to cut files cut from patterned papers. If your papers are quite busy then the detail of the cut file can get lost so today I'm drawing an outline around my letters to give them the definition they need.

I started off by opening up the cut file on my screen.

 I then re-sized and opened the Offset window. I clicked on 'Internal offset'

I then played around with the offset until it almost looked non-existant, I took it right sown to 0.005 and then clicked 'Apply'

Whilst in this view (ie in the Design view) the zoom option is available so zooming right in, I selected the internal offset lines, and then clicked on 'Send'

Now in the 'Send' screen, it's not possible to zoom in...this is why I selected those internal parts first  becuase trying to select them without a zoom function would be almost impossible! They were already selected when I clicked on 'Send' so I could then simply click on Tool 2 and select the sketch option. The external outline remains red and will stay as a cut line rather than a sketch line, so when sending to cut, the letters will be cut out and then the sketch pens will draw a tiny border around the inside of them.

Here is my finished layout: at the moment it's a 'base page' for my December Daily album - the 20th December. When that date arrives I'll add a photo and some journaling.


Thanks for joining me today, I hope you've found this useful and will give it a go!
Happy scrapping xx

Find me on my own blog: Being Scrappy and on Instagram as @nikiclaire


Designs used:


PRODUCTS USED:


No comments:

Post a Comment