Sunday 4 February 2018

Sundays with Steph - Director of the double pass and Master of the slip slidin' mat 😬😬😬

Hello!

Well I have just spent a lovely weekend away with fellow design team friends Niki Rowland and Ruth Sim at GoGo Relaxaway in Theobalds Park making some lovely layouts and chatting about our Silhouette Cameo's and how to get the best out of them. 

I mentioned how I had tried to use double passes before but my mat seamed to slip and I ended up cutting two lines of the same pattern and ruining my cut which was really frustrating.  After speaking to my oracle Niki, she suggested unplugging the machine and leaving it for a few minutes without any power cables plugged in at all.  This gives the machine time to re-set itself and gets the blade housing in the right position (if it's slightly in the wrong position (i.e. if it has previously skipped) the blade and the tiny hole don't match-up and the auto blade will not adjust properly.





Niki also suggested cutting some basic shapes first so after I got home I re-set my machine and I cut some circles using the basic shapes cutting facility.














                                                                               

As you can see there were no problems with the double pass this time or the slip slidin' so I decided to go one step further and cut something fussy!

Hurrah success!! I was getting closer to my destination and there was no more "Slip slidin' away" for me despite the words that Paul Simon sung and the double pass was perfect too!





So I leave you today a very happy Steph!  I have successfully cut a beautiful fussy cut on  double pass with zero catches and no slip slidin' mat! I can't wait to use this cutfile on a layout and if you would like to use it too, please find it on the Silhouette store here: 
https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/view-shape/242197







See you next Sunday!  Best wishes

Steph xx



No comments:

Post a Comment