Thursday 22 March 2018

Faux Leather Jewellery

Hi everyone

Today I have had the best fun playing with Silhouette's Faux Leather Paper (found here)




I was sent a whole pack of the natural coloured faux leather and it contains a roll of 12" by 59". So there is plenty left and I already have plans for another project which I will share with you another time.

Today I decided to make some bracelets and bought this great cutfile from the Design Store and set my Cameo to work




This paper is really thick and although I used the default settings, it didn't cut through so I had to put the blade up another couple of notches....I would recommend doing a test cut first.




After cutting the bracelets out I hand-washed them in warm soapy water and this made the material more leather like




I think they look pretty good...




I then decided to make a matching pair of earrings by simply recreating 2 of the 'links' and adding them to the earring wires...I even made a very simple faux leather hanger for them!




I think this is a really easy way to create something unique and would make a great gift... though I plan on keeping mine! 






I hope you get a chance to play with this Faux Leather Paper and do share what you create....I will return with another idea soon

Have fun

Ruth xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment