Sunday 11 March 2018

Sunday's with Steph - Light me up - home decor

Hello and welcome to another addition of Sunday's with Steph!

Ok so I'm sure it's not just me but most of us crafters out there are guilty of this at some point or another when we see something we like (a bit magpie like) we buy it and it moves round our crafting space for a while, sometimes sits in a cupboard for a bit before we unearth it (when rooting around looking for something else normally!) and it comes out again and you promise to use it/do something with it until finally you do use it (or give it away to boomerang round someone else's craft space for a while I'm sure!)

So this is what was happening with this lovely white wicker heart I had bought some time ago and some firefly battery lights. So I had a light bulb moment how I could use them to make a cute decorative piece with the help of my Silhouette Cameo machine.



So I selected the design I wanted cut https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/view-project/1510 loaded my mat with textured card stock and sent it to cut.

Once the design was cut and removed from the mat I removed the lights from their box and started attaching them to the back of the wicker heart.  I attached the battery pack first with some doubled up embroidery thread then set about attaching the lights to the rest of the heart. 













I looped through six pieces of white embroidery thread in different positions around the heart then worked my way round the heart with the lights, tying them to the thread every time they passed them.  I worked my way to the end of the lights before finishing the threads off with a couple of extra knots for good measure and cutting off the spare ends.













I then attached the cutfile with a single piece of cotton to the front of the heart and hey presto my finished piece!



I think this makes a very cute addition to my craft room and with it just being attached with a piece of cotton I can recut another phrase at any time and swap with very little effort.

Thank you for reading my post.  See you next week and happy scrapping (happy crafting doesn't have the same ring to it, but that too!!)

Steph x



No comments:

Post a Comment