Friday 23 March 2018

Sunday's with Steph - Quick and Easy Spring Card

Hello and welcome to this weeks blog post!

So apparently the beast from the East has gone for now and a lot of us are appreciating a little bit of good weather!!  With this in mind I decided to make a little spring card.

I chose a simple daisy design https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/view-shape/61009 loaded up my mat with some thick card stock and let it work it's magic!

With it's normal tapping and wiring noises it cut out my design in a matter of moments.  As a rule now I always set the machine to cut through the design twice which ensures I always get beautiful cut lines in the card that I am using.

Once the card was cut I removed the pieces and painted the back ground with a ombre effect from blue to green to represent the sky and the grass and then painted the stem with the same green tones as the grass and the centre of the daisy a pale yellow.

The longest this making this card was the ensuring the paint was completely dry before making it.  I raised all of the items on foam risers and turned the edges of the petals up before wrapping some embroidery thread and twine round the bottom of the card and raising the background on foam before sticking it to the card.

Really happy with how this card turned out.






Happing crafting and I'll see you next week

Steph x x

No comments:

Post a Comment