Wednesday 25 April 2018

Design of the Week - Puppy Face - 23 April 2018



Hello, hello Silhouette fans, Karen here with how I used this week's free design - Puppy Face.

This was another fortunate turn of events as my daughter and her partner have recently acquired a new Curly Coated Retriever puppy.  Also, as they had been away to the Lake District for a few days there were plenty of photos of them with 'Baby Isla'.

I decided to use the design as a border for a scrapbook page and wanted to backfill the ears and tongue so after downloading and resizing the design changed the outline of the ears and tongue to a blue line.  I then repeated it around my page.

I used this design as my title



Remembering from above that blue lines = cut and red lines = sketch pen, I changed the outline to blue and gave it an external offset, changing the colour of this to red.

Lastly I added some journaling using Sister's Sketch font and a line border around my page.




This is how my design area looked with the red and blue outlines.





After sketching and cutting my design I backfilled the title and ears in black and the tongues in pink. I also decided to colour the eylashes, nose and spots with a black pen.


All that was left to do was to add my photo and fussy cut some elements to add to my page.



No comments:

Post a Comment