Sunday 13 May 2018

Sunday's with Steph - Adventures in vinyl

Hello and a very warm welcome to this weeks blog post!

So after last weeks success her I was using - eeeekkkk - vinyl again.

There I was thinking this was soooooo easy, I'll be whisking whole shopping lists up in vinyl in no time at all, I'm an absolute pro at this - as usual I was proved wrong 😂😂😂

The first few were no problem at all (and of course I remembered to change the setting to glossy vinyl to card - or maybe I didn't and maybe I had to quickly press the pause button as the machine was chomping through my vinyl - eeekkk ) I was changing the colours of the vinyl, using the Silhouette transfer tape (that works like an absolute dream) https://www.graphtecgb.shop/product/silhouette-transfer-tape/ and naming my bottles in no time at all......well until I got to the silver matt vinyl.... I sent it to cut as previous and it didn't cut :'( it just left a faint mark of the letters on the vinyl grrrr - I turned the vinyl round and sent it to cut once again, changing the settings to vinyl, matte and hey presto cut letters!



So top tips from me:

1) Always remember to change from card stock to the correct type of vinyl - they are not all the same and the machine cuts differently for each of them.

2) If cutting names for drinks bottles remember to alter the size of the lettering as I had to amend the girls names as they were a bit too long!

3) Be patient - I am sure everyone that has ever used the Silhouette Cameo has got it wrong before - as you can see above I certainly have!!

Here are my finished bottles.  Everyone that has received one has been absolutely delighted with them :o)




Happy crafting - until next time

Steph :o) 





No comments:

Post a Comment