Thursday 14 June 2018

Backing cutfiles

Hi everyone...what creative exploits have you been up to? 
I had a fabulous weekend away at a scrapbooking retreat and part of the weekend included challenges. Obviously I had to include some of Silhouette's fab cutfiles as part of my designs...

The first challenge I am sharing with you was a mood board featuring the colours blue, yellow, white, pink and grey. There were several different elements but I went with all the colours, florals and chevron shapes.

I chose to use this chevron background


I cut it slightly smaller than 12 x 12 in white and backed some of the larger shapes in patterned paper but left several open.


I then added the photos and created little clusters of the flowers I had fussy cut, added a title and some enamel stars and other than journalling I am done!






Another challenge was simply to be inspired by glitter. I had the perfect glittery title from a scrapbook range ''unicorns and sparkles'' and a photograph of my friend and me with unicorn headbands.

The obvious cutfile to use was a unicorn and this one from Paige Evans didn't disappoint...


I cut it in white and used a clear wink of stella  brush pen to add some glitter to the outline


I backed the cutfile with plain papers that co-ordinated with the colours in the photo. 


It was a bit fiddly sticking them all down so used some washi tape to secure them all in place


I used some pink patterned vellum on the unicorn's horn


and I was done...


I love backing cutfiles and find it kinda therapeutic so this was perfect for these challenges.

Hoping you are enjoying whatever you are creating with your Silhouette and hoping you will share some of your makes with us

Have fun

Ruth xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment