Friday 22 June 2018

Get Some Batitude | by Niki Rowland



Hey there crafty peeps, Niki here with you today sharing a layout I made with this awesome cut file from the Design Store. It's called 'Get Some Bat-i-tude'.

My little boy recently met Batman so obviously I went looking for Bat cut files and was faced with loads of halloween options. This one was my favourite, and one of the things I do most often when using Design Store cut files is to make those cut files work for me, instead of just using them in their original format. This was no exception.


Firstly I ungrouped the design and I resized until I was happy with the positioning and size. I moved the large bat over a bit and copied and pasted the smaller bat so that I had three bats instead of two. This was a very small difference really but it worked for me and I then cut it at the top of my page so I had lots of room left at the bottom to add my photos and embellishments.


I back filled the cut file with different papers from the Cocoa Vanilla Boys Rule collection, picking out the best Batman tones of course. And then added my photos and loads of embellishments.


I absolutely love how my layout turned out and I would urge you to be brave a tweak your cut files from the Design Store to make them work for your projects.

Happy scrapping, Niki xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment