Wednesday 25 July 2018

Design of the Week - Mermaid Off Duty - 24th July 2018


Hello, hello - Karen here with this week's free file.  It's a really pretty phrase file 'Mermaid Off Duty'.


I thought that this design would be really cute cut from metallic vinyl on a little girl's bedroom wall, but as I don't have a little girl, only a big one I used it as a scrapbook title. 


I used the Graphtec UK  'All Occasions' paper pad for my background, layering up three of the pieces of paper but before doing that I gutted a piece from the two lower ones to use as a photo mat. 

I wanted my title to be eye catching so used Teal metallic vinyl for the words and Green metallic vinyl for the tail. 


I then used these designs to cut out some mermaids from the Teal metallic vinyl.


I added some die cut sea themed pieces to the edge of my page and photo and top left and then tucked the vinyl mermaids into these so that they gave the illusion that they were swimming through the flowers and shells etc. 




So what will you do with this cute mermaid themed title?



1 comment:

  1. Love your layout - especially the foil mermaids swimming around the die cuts.

    ReplyDelete