Tuesday 31 July 2018

Mermaid at Heart Layout using Glitter Sticker Paper | Niki Rowland




Hey there Silhouette Fans, Niki here with you today using Glitter Sticker Paper and two designs from the store. 

I started off by creating the design I wanted to cut. I began with the Mermaid at Heart cut file (linked below) which I ungrouped. I wanted to use the heart shape. I then opened the Scalloped Border Background.


I used the Offset menu to create a second heart to outline the first.

I then selected both hearts (the original and the outline) and went to the Object Menu , Arrange, Send to Back. This means the two hearts are behind the scalloped background.

I then positioned the Scalloped background over the hearts.

I then selected the internal heart and the background,  and went to the Modify window, then clicked 'subtract'. This left me with the scalloped background pattern inside the hearts.


I then tidied up the cut file slightly by removing all the teeny tiny little bits that I didn't want to cut.

At this point all the pieces of the scalloped pattern are separate, so I dragged a box over the whole thing and hit Group. This was so I could easily move the heart around.


I then went back to the original 'Mermaid at Heart' design and posiitoned it together with the big heart onto my virtual cutting mat. I did this so I could see how I wanted my design to look once cut.

I wanted to cut the heart from Glitter Sticker Paper, so copied it onto another cutting mat which I set up as 8.5x11" as that is the size of the glitter paper. I then cut that using the default cut settings for the Glitter Sticker Paper (having tried a test cut first).

I cut 'Mermaid' and 'at' out of a separate sheet of white card but I wanted to cut those little hearts out of my background sheet, so I selected the parts of the design I didn't want to cut and clicked 'no cut'. It then just cut out the tiny hearts.

So all parts of the design were then cut. I painted 'Mermaid' and 'at' with some Jane Davenport Mermaid Markers. I also positioned the heart onto the background and drew around it very lightly with a pencil, then painted all the 'scales' with the Mermaid Markers too.

Once painted and dry I then stuck the Glitter Sticker Paper over the top, added 'Mermaid' and 'at' and also backfilled the little hearts with the off cuts of the Silver Glitter Sticker paper.


I then embellished the layout with all the mermaids and sea themed things I could find, and added lots of sparkles with sequins and gems.



I was really pleased with how the layout turned out!


Thank you so much for joining me today and I hope you found this tutorial useful. 
Happy scrapping xx 



DESIGNS USED:



PRODUCTS USED:



1 comment:

  1. Hi, Thank you for sharing usefull article

    Our web designer will give accurative and high quality local website designing with low cost if you find more details about our web designing services so please feel free to contact us.

    HTML5 and CSS3 Website Designing

    Static website Designing

    Dynamic website Designing

    iphone App Development

    SEO Friendly Web Designing

    ReplyDelete