Wednesday 19 September 2018

Design of the Week - Focus on Love - 18th September 2018




Hello, hello - Karen here with a scrapbook page I have made using this week's free design - Focus on Love.




I made the design the largest I could to fit a piece of A4 card and then sent it to print.  Once printed I loaded it into my Cameo and cut it out.


I was inspired by Verity's post earlier in the week when she used Flocked HTV on a card and decided to try it on a scrapbook page. 

I chose a design and resized it to 8.75 wide (my vinyl was only 9 ins wide) and cut this from the flock vinyl - this cut really nicely using the recommended settings.




I decided that I wanted the 'Focus on Love' to be flocked also and used the TRACE feature to trace the letters.


I then chose the TRACE option and deleted everything but the traced area.


Next I released the compound path and removed all the areas I didn't want.

This left me with just the letters which were the perfect size to cut and lay on the top of the printed ones.  I also cut a small photo mat from flocked HTV. 



I love the texture this has given to my page and will certainly think of ways to incorporate this media into my crafting projects in the future.



PRODUCTS USED:


     

No comments:

Post a Comment