Tuesday 18 September 2018

Queen Bee | Niki Rowland



Hi there, Niki here today with a layout using a multi pieced cut file. I use this type of file a lot but understand it feels a bit complicated when you first open such a file on screen.

The file looks complicated becuase it has lots of pieces or layers and it's hard to envisage how it will come together.

What I do is use the fill tool and I fill each shape with a colour. If two shapes need to be cut in the same colour, they both get filled in that colour. This helps me to group the shapes for cutting purposes. To figure out which shape needs which colour, I tend to play around with the shapes on screen, layering them on top of each other until I can work out what piece goes where.

In some cases I simplify the file by not cutting all the bits.I've done this here. I've simply deleted the parts I dont want to make the design simpler to put together. Now my design is colour coded and simplified, I cam cut it from different patterned papers.

Once my bee was cut I then pieced it together on my layout and built up the rest of my layout around it.


Ive mostly used the Maggie Holmes Carousel Collection from last year for this layout, including the very cute pom poms!



Thanks so much for joining me today - have a go at some of those multi-pieced files, they are great fun. Happy scrapping x 


DESIGNS USED:
Bee Mine Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment