Saturday 1 September 2018

Sunday's with Steph - 12 x 12 Scrapbooking page with cutfile, shaker pocket and sewing!



Hi all - Steph here!

Welcome to this weeks blog post...I have quite a few photos to show you as it was quite a labour intensive layout but I was so pleased with it in the end and I hope you like it too!

So I started with this lovely turquoise background paper and this cutfile https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/view-shape/257768 My idea with this layout was that it was that it would look like a birthday party invitation that had burst open with plans for the party!



I started off by covering the backs of the balloons with some paper from a 6 x 6 paper pad from Dear Lizzy;s Stay Colourful collection and I made two shaker pockets.  These were made from gluing some of the packaging plastic to the back of the balloon, then using about a million or so (slight exaggeration) foam raisers around the edge (to keep the sequins in) then adding a sprinkle of sequins and then a piece of white card on the back to seal them in their little pocket.


I then made up the envelope with some more left over 6 x 6 pages from Dear Lizzy's Stay Colourful collection. Then I worked out how the balloons would sit in relation to the envelope, then I worked out where I wanted my "extra" sewn balloons by making a stencil out of the waste from my cutfile and putting it in different places then I drew round them lightly in pencil before using my "Pokey tool" and making the holes.  I used three different strands of embroidery floss to sew round or across them.




I then popped the balloons back into the envelope on some more raisers added the photo, the title and the journaling but I felt it needed something more.....more sequins of course!!  So after sprinkling and sticking them down I felt that my layout was complete!



Happy scrapping....until next week.

Steph xx


No comments:

Post a Comment