Sunday 16 September 2018

Sunday's with Steph - 12 x 12 scrapbooking layout - Giant Cup cutfile



Hello - and welcome to this weeks blog post!

We have had a really busy week here as we have a new temporary (or maybe not???) member of our family!  You may not know but as well as a avid scrapbooker I am also a foster carer.  We have had our current placement six years (she's seventeen and very much part of our family) our own daughter is fifteen and over the summer we have had "K" on quite a few occasions.  This week whilst with me he told me him and his social worker are trying to organise a way that he can stay with us forever and ever as you can imagine my heart totally melted, I shed a little tear or two and as it's a school night (and I rarely drink any way!) I celebrated with a cup of tea! I obviously had to scrapbook this moment so I could remember it forever!

So I started with a sheet of paper from Pink Fresh Studio (Let your heart decide collection) I added some texture to it by mixing together a little paste from Ranger and some lovely (Going Peach Side) paint from Shimmerz and using a small circle stencil that I had cut with my silhouette many months ago and popping some little circles about.  I also added some more of the paint by just flicking it over the page.



Once that was all dry first I used this tea cup cutfile https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/view-shape/63204 which I had enlarged and popped it roughly centre in the page on foam raisers. Secondly I chose a photo of myself with a filter that complemented my page and a few odd scraps of card most of which were also on raisers to give my layout a bit of depth.  Lastly I chose some black regular card stuck on a piece of ephemera also from Pink Fresh (Be you collection) and a white calligraphy pen to create a mini chalk board with the hand written words special moment.



Once all the paper bits had been added I found some lovely thickers lettering stickers (charming range) and some smaller lettining in rose gold and navy also from thickers (happy life range) to make my title.  I added this backwards starting with the word tea, then of and next cup and so on.



Once all that was stuck down I decided that it still needed something more...more thickers...rose gold ones (chill range) I just used the leafy branches in various places.  I then found a rosette, a flair badge and lots of enamel dots and we were good to go!



I hope you have enjoyed reading this weeks blog!

Until next time

Best wishes

Steph xx


No comments:

Post a Comment