Friday 14 September 2018

Using Silhouette Cotton Canvas

Hello fellow Silhouette users!

This week the DT have been using the Printable Cotton Canvas to work with. I hadn't tried it before but it is really easy to use and I decided not to print on it but use the lovely textured fabric in 2 different ways.

I chose this pretty cutfile from the Silhouette Design Store...
I cut 2 identical pieces from the canvas with my Silhouette Cameo, using all the recommended settings


With the first one I simply added it to a plain navy shopping bag purchased from a craft store...


the plain off white canvas really popped against the navy blue...


For my second project I painted the canvas with pink, and grey...


adding some glittered paint to the seeds...


I added this to my 12 x 12 sheet of paper and built my scrapbook page from there...


I love how the painted title blends so well with the ombre paper behind


whilst adding some subtle texture...


I found the cotton canvas easy to use and I hope to use it more in the future

Hope to see you all soon

Happy Crafting

Ruth xxx


1 comment:

  1. The painted canvas is so effective. I need to try this out too.

    ReplyDelete