Tuesday 23 October 2018

Always Follow your Dreams | Niki Rowland using White Adhesive Cardstock



Hi Silhouette Fans, Niki here today with a tutorial on how to adapt a cut file and cut it on the White Adhesive Backed Cardstock sold by Silhouette.


I started off with this cut file that I opened up in my Silhouette Software.


It wasn't quite what I wanted so decided to adapt it. I specifically wanted to replace the stars within the cloud with hearts and remove the wording. I opened up a heart cut file from my library too.

I ungrouped the large heart and picked the hearts I wanted and deleted the rest.

I then ungrouped the Dream Big cut file and removed the letters and the stars.

I then replaced the stars with the hearts.

When I was happy with the design I selected the whole thing and made a compound path. This step is important becuase it means the design will weld correctly when attaching to other shapes.

I copied the file and pasted it twice more so that I had three in total. I arranged them in a line so they all overlapped each other slightly.

And then clicked 'weld'. I resized and then sent it to cut.

In the cut settings I simply selected the setting for 'cardstock, printable adhesive' for the perfect cut settings. These cut perfectly - it cuts the cardstock but doesn't go through the backing paper so you can peel your stickers off the backing.

I stuck my clouds onto a piece of patterned paper and trimmed around them. I then stuck that onto tissue paper and put the cut file at the top of my layout. I then created my layout around those clouds as my main feature.


I added lots of star embellishments and sequins as well as paint splatters.

I used a chipboard title together with a Bramblefox Acrylic Perspextive.

The paper collection and embellishments I've used for this layout is Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Willow Lane.

Here's another look at the finished layout - I love how it turned out and the clouds at the top are so cute!

I hope this tutorial has been useful. Happy scrapping xx 

DESIGNS USED:
Dream Big Cloud
Hearts in Heart

PRODUCTS USED:
Silhouette Printable Adhesive Backed Cardstock

1 comment: