Monday 8 October 2018

Baby card - layered card cut with sketch pen sentiment




Hi everyone. It's Verity here from Pretty Little Button bringing you another project. Today's project uses a cut file from silhouette studio to create a layered card animal and a sketch pen sentiment.  

Baby card - layered card cut with sketch pen sentiment details: 

This cut file is from Miss Kate Cutables and she has some fantastic baby animal cut files. When you open up the file, all the layers are separate with no file and a red line. To understand which layer needs to be cut out in which card, I filled each layer with a colour. I then overlayed these to ensure I had the right layers coloured. To ensure the cut out would fit my card, drew out the card using a rectangle adjusting the size to match my cards. 


I knew I wanted a border around the panel of my card, so I used the offset tool to quickly an internal offset at 0.25 to match my card. I was then able to adjust the size of the animal to the card panel. 


To make it quicker to cut, I cut all the layers out in one go. I grouped coloured items together and spaced them apart in the corners. This way I knew I just needed to put a piece of colour card in each corner and just do one cut for all the layers. 


To create the sentiment, I first created a pennant banner using a rectangle and triangle. I place the triangle over one end and use the subtract button in the modify panel. This removed the triangle shape from one end of the rectangle creating a flag end. This was repeated on the other end of the panel. 

For the sentiment I used the Hello Sunshine font which is great for sketch pens. Make sure when you have written your text, you select the simple sketch pen option in the sketch pen window. Load your card into your machine and select the sketch option in the action drop-down list and sketch pen in tool.


Before unloading your mat, switch out the pen for your blade and change to action to cut and the ratchet blade for the tool. This will differ with Cameo 3 as you can have two tools loaded, however, I did this on a Cameo 2. 


To assemble, layer and glue the card pieces of the animal together. Add this onto an ink blended background and find the animal off by using glossy accents on the eyes. Lastly, foam mount the sentiment on the card front.

Baby card - layered card cut with sketch pen sentiment photos:





If this has inspired you to try this out, please post below. I would love to see it!

Until next time,

Verity




Profile Pretty Little Button Blog | Instagram | Facebook

DESIGNS USED:

Baby giraffe by Miss Kate Cuttables, Design ID #58333

FONTS USED:

Hello sunshine sketch font by Rivka Wilkins, Design ID #77315

PRODUCTS USED:


     

1 comment: