Wednesday 17 October 2018

Design of the Week - Happy Jack 'O' Lantern - 16th October 2018


Hello, hello - it's Karen here with my Wednesday DOTW post and this week it is a cut file called Happy Jack 'O' Lantern.
I decided that I wanted to use it to decorate a little Halloween treat bag, incorporating glow in the dark HTV.


To begin I resized the pumpkin to 5 ins tall and then removed the brown part of the design.


The next step was to add the black features to the pumpkin made of sections and use Subtract All to remove the sections behind the black shapes.


I then alligned both the black features and the sectioned pumpkin onto the solid pumpkin shape.


The next step was to remove the sectioned pumpkin and add an internal offset to the black features, then remove the black features and Subtract All so you again have a section removed from the solid pumpkin


I printed the section pumpkin onto Printable Heat Transfer and cut the solid one from glow in the dark HTV.  I then added the glow in the dark pumpkin to my bag using my heat press and added the printed pumpkin on top of this - again fusing with my heat press.

 


I then added a 'Trick or Treat phrase underneath my pumpkin. 









No comments:

Post a Comment