Friday 2 November 2018

Corrugated card for Christmas Embellishments

Hi Silhouette crafters

Today I am briefly sharing how I used both the white adhesive cardstock from Silhouette and the kraft corrugated adhesive cardstock.

Each year I swop hand made Christmas embellishments with a friend and for 2018 one of mine was created using the Paige Evans Christmas Village cutfile...
Initially I cut the file using the adhesive white cardstock to get a clear outline, then I recut it with the corrugated cardstock to back it. 

I loved using the adhesive cardstock as I made the image fairly small (to fit on a mini album sized page in a Christmas Journal) and it would have been quite fiddly to stick it down with glue...



the white really pops against the kraft colour and reminds me of gingerbread houses with piped white icing...perfect for Christmas


I made some as individual houses...



and some as a 'street'...


I must admit I made a few for me as well and can't wait to use them in my Christmas Journal.

Are you going to the craft show at the NEC over the next few days? If so look out for the Silhouette Stand where Lisa will be doing demonstrations...I am paying a visit today and hope to buy some more supplies...but what to choose...I loved using the stencil materials, the vinyl, the HTV, the sketch pens and now I need the adhesive cardstock!

Enjoy whatever you do over the next week and I will see you again soon

Ruth xxx

1 comment:

  1. Great to cut adhesive cardstock to stick them, love those little houses.
    Wish I could have gone to the NEC, perhaps next year?
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete