Thursday 15 November 2018

If you Love Me Let Me Sleep Layout | Niki Rowland



Hey there, Niki here today with this layout about my little baby. I love to document the things my children do and regularlyy look to the Silhouette Design Store for fun ways to document these things. This phrase 'if you love me let me sleep' was great for documenting his sleeping.

It didn't work for me in the original format as I wanted a horizontal design. So I ungrouped the design so the words could be moved around and re-arranged.



I then put some of the words at the top of my layout and then 'let me sleep' at the bottom of the layout. The word 'Sleep' I super-sized. I then sent it to cut but I didn't want to cut the word 'sleep' so in cut settings I simply highlighted the work and selected 'no cut'. This means that the rest of the design cut but not the word 'sleep'


I then wanted to cut the word 'sleep' out of patterned paper so I ran it through my silhouette again, this time selecting 'no cut' for the top words and 'cut' for the word 'sleep'.

I then back filled the letters cut into the white cardstock background and added the words cut from patterned paper. I popped them up on foam pads.

I used a mixture of Maggie Holmes Willow Lane ad Amy Tangerine Shine On for this layout.

I hope you enjoyed my layout - try re-arranging some of your cut files to make them work for you!
Happy scrapping xx

 
 Designs Used: If you Love me Let me Sleep: Design ID 199285



No comments:

Post a Comment