Thursday 8 November 2018

Silhouette Chipboard Christmas Tree Advent Calendar



I'm super excited for Christmas this year and I just couldn't wait to make the Christmas Tree Advent Calendar using the Silhouette Chipboard. The Chipboard cuts and layers beautifully in this project to make a great family keepsake that will last year on year.

What you will need

Silhouette Chipboard
Advent calendar Christmas Tree File (ID 34271)
Green cardstock
Silhouette wood vinyl
Silhouette silver foil adhesive sheet 
Self adhesive Velcro

Step one

The file comes with all of the baubles and numbers layered on top of each other so the first thing that I did was ungroup the file and then separated out the numbers and the baubles. I then cut the baubles and the tree shapes out using the Silhouette Chipboard. I used the Chipboard settings in the Silhouette Studio software to cut the chipboard. 

File as it is opened

File with all of the baubles separated from the numbers.

Step two

After I had cut all of the Chipboard elements I did a second cut of just the baubles using the Silhouette wood effect vinyl. I then stuck the vinyl onto the chipboard to create a wooded effect to the baubles. The numbers I cut from the Silhouette printable silver foil and as this was self adhesive I put these on top of the baubles. 

Chipboard bauble before vinyl is applied

Baubles with wood effect vinyl and foil numbers applied

Step three

To finish the tree itself I cut the tree shapes out again using some green cardstock. I used two colours which I alternated and stuck onto the chipboard. I then stuck the three pieces of chipboard together to create the finished tree. 


Once the tree had been assembled I placed the baubles onto the Christmas Tree to create the finished advent calendar. Once I'd worked out where all the baubles were going I used self adhesive Velcro to stick the baubles in place and so that they could be taken on and off when the calendar was in use!


I really love the finished calendar and the chipboard gives it extra strength. Now I just have to decide if we are going to take the baubles on or off the tree to count the days! 








No comments:

Post a Comment