Sunday 11 November 2018

Sunday's with Steph - 12 x 12 Scrapbooking layout - Up, Up and away!






Hello Crafters and welcome to this weeks blog post!

So I bought and cut this file a long time ago https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/designs/229212?search=hot+air+baloon&sortby=relevance&submitted_search=true but then it sat there for ages as I had no idea what to do with it!  So whilst on a crafting retreat I challenged myself to use it one because I loved it so and two because on a recent trip into London I took the perfect photo!

I created the background first I used https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/designs/76940?search=clouds+paige+taylor+evans&sortby=relevance&submitted_search=true this to create a mask and then used some texture paste and went over the clouds leaving it rough as I wanted then to have texture.  I then started backing the cutfile with lots of different scraps that I had from lots of old collections the clouds were backed with glitter paper to give them an extra sparkle.



I covered the back of the circles with some white net (net is my favourite thing at the moment to add to my scrapbooking layouts) before I added the cutfile to the now dry background I added some blue and silver sequins to look like they were falling from the clouds like rain.  The I used foam raisers on the back of the cutfile before sticking it down.  I felt it needed a little something else so I used the clouds from the waste of the mask that I made, stitched some extra details and then added them to the layout.



I finally added the title Believe in Yesterday, added a few birds and a sunshine embellishment that has been hanging round for like forever and that's it completed!





Thank you for reading my blog post this week, see you next time!

Happy crafting

Steph xx
instagram: stephanielouise123

No comments:

Post a Comment