Monday 3 December 2018

Christmas Bauble Window Decorations



Hi everyone. It's Verity here from Pretty Little Button bringing you another project. Well, I have been on a little hiatus - not intentionally, the machine stopped working and I may have disconnected my screen by accident! So I sent it off the Graphtech to see if they could fix it, and they did, much to my relief! So if you have any problems, contact Graphtech as they might be able to fix and not need to buy a new machine. Today I have a project where I have used the Printable Window Cling Material from Silhouette to create Christmas bauble window decorations. These were very quick to make, so why not, make one for every window you have!

Bauble Window cling decorations details: 

To start, you need to add the Print & Cut registration marks to your design space. Select the page setup icon on the right-hand toolbar, and select the Print & Cut tab in the window. In the 'Style' drop-down menu select type 1 and this will add the registration marks to your design space. The Windo cling material is a letter size (11 X 8.5"), so make sure the page size is set to this as well. 


Next, add your baubles to the design space. I used the nesting baubles by Sarah Hurley. 


I choose a red colour for the fill colour of the baubles and set the line colour to match. To add the design knock-out, position your design over the bauble like I have done here with the 'Joy'. To make it easier to see, I changed the line colour of 'Joy' to white. Next to selecting the bauble and 'Joy' I open the modify window and pressed divide.


This knocks out the 'Joy' out of the bauble. If you decide to print this on white window cling and want the inner design to be white you could just fill the 'Joy' with your desired colour and not do the knock-out effect. However, I printed this onto the clear printable window cling and did not want this part of the design to be coloured. 


Once this has been printed on your inkjet printer - I would set your printer settings to set as though it is printing onto photo paper, load this on to your mat. 

Select the window cling material from the material drop down menu and remember to do a test cut. The settings below are the settings I needed based on my blade and machine to cut the cling material. 


However, the settings below are what the material originally was set to. You can see how your blade and machine and be different to the standards. So always do a test cut!


I haven't quite got round to putting my Xmas decs up yet so as you can see the window is a little bare!




If this has inspired you to try this out, please post below. I would love to see it!

Until next time,

Verity




Profile Pretty Little Button Blog | Instagram | Facebook

DESIGNS USED:

Christmas tree by Silhouette -  Design ID 71443
Mistletoe  by Kolette Hall  - Design ID 71506
Snowflake by Miss Kate Cuttables - Design ID 72060
Reindeer by Hero Arts - Design ID 72103
Nested baubles by Sarah Hurley - Design ID 96776
Joy snowflake by Sophie Gallo - Design ID 236917

PRODUCTS USED:

     

No comments:

Post a Comment