Sunday 30 December 2018

Sunday's with Steph - Deer Shadow Frame





Hello crafters!!

I trust you have all had an enjoyable holiday season!  I can't believe how quickly it's gone and the children are already talking about their birthdays in June which I'm sure will be with us before we know it!

Anyway I did manage to get a bit of crafting in and made a shadow frame.  I started off with this cutfile from the Silhouette store: https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/designs/256633?search=deer+shadow+frame&sortby=relevance&submitted_search=true I used Bazzill black textured card and set my machine to the card stock textured heavy setting and to pass through twice.  I also didn't cut all of the pieces out as I had decided to use a box frame (15cm square)I had picked up from my local craft store for a few pounds.  These are the pieces I cut (and in the end I only used two ferns but it's up to you if you'd like to use more.




The assembly was quite easy.  The duplicated does and stags I attached to the front of the design to give it more depth and stability.   Then I folded up the corners of the boxes and stuck with some glossy accent.    I attached the extra grass to the front box (the one with the two does) using some foam raisers.  I then stuck the silver birch tree to the front right hand corner also using some foam risers and securing the front of the tree to the top edge of the page.



I turned the box over and affixed the sloping edge piece to the opposite side to the silver birch also using some foam risers.  I put this piece aside and then worked on the box featuring the buck.  I used two pieces of fern one straight one slightly off centre to the far right hand side of the box.  I stuck the big fir tree to the inside left (using foam raisers) and the double fir tree piece to the inside right.  To create the background I used some soft peach paper from Cocoa Vanilla's 'More Than Words' collection which I thought looked like a sunset and attached the last piece of black card just above the centre to the left hand side of the page.  Once that was done I popped the two does into the frame first, then the buck and then the background.  I popped the back onto the frame and ta-da it was done!





I hope you have enjoyed this latest blog post and I'll see you next year - Happy New Year everyone!!

Steph xx

No comments:

Post a Comment