Sunday 2 December 2018

Sunday's with Steph - Embroidery hoop Christmas Decoration



Hi All and welcome to this weeks post!

So as the month of December is now with us I can officially use the C word - CHRISTMAS!!  This is by far my most favourite season of all!!

I have been thinking about using cutfiles on an embroidery hoop for a while now.  My original idea was to put some fabric over the hoop and attach the cutfiles to it.  I chose this file https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/designs/230976?search=holly+wreath&sortby=relevance&submitted_search=true and set it to get on the heavy card stock setting on my Cameo.  

I also cut out the saying MERRY CHRISTMAS  https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/designs/228170?search=merry+christmas&sortby=relevance&submitted_search=true I cut two pieces of card (12 x 6) and stuck them both on a mat to cut the two headings at once.  I wanted both black and white headings cut as I wanted to stick the white headings onto the black to create what looks like a shadow.


Once cut I back filled all of the holly berries and then put the material I had bought for this project over the hoop.  I didn't like it, so I tried the other piece of fabric I bought as a second option....I didn't like that either!!  Hmmmm back to the drawing board or in my case the craft drawers to see what else I could find!!  Ta-da....I found some wisps of netting and some gold ribbon....perfect!!



So I cut the ribbon in half and glued it to the side of the embroidery hoop before wrapping it round until I got close to the top and then made a simple loop knot to secure the ribbon.  I then popped the netting over the first hoop, pushed over the second and tightened the fastening at the top of the hoop so all was secure.  

I popped the wreath and the Merry Christmas onto the hoop and it was ok but it needed something extra.  As luck would have it I was being a messy crafter and had not put away the piece of card I cut the berries out of away and it happened to be sitting under the hoop.  It looked great!  I drew round the hoop and cut it a bit smaller before adding a ton of sequins and gluing it to the back of the hoop!  



Really pleased with my decoration and now need to find somewhere to hang it up!!



Thanks for reading....until next week

Steph x x 




No comments:

Post a Comment