Wednesday 2 January 2019

Design of the Week - Baby It's Cold Outside - 1st January 2019


Hello, hello - Karen here and a Happy New Year to You.

This week 's design is a cut file that is perfect for a snowy layout.



I started my layout by adding journaling to the outside of my piece of cardstock using a journaling  LW Jordan Sketch Font.

I then added the cut file and resized it to fit my page.   Next I added a little more journaling, under where I wanted to put my photo.  


I used a Silhouette sketch pen to write my journaling and then cut out the title.  If you have a Cameo 3 you can do this in one step but for a 1 or 2 you need to load your mat and write the journaling BUT do not remove the mat, change the pen for a blade and cut out the title.

I wanted to use glitter card behind my title and had intended to add all the little sections cut from the middle of the letters but no matter what glue I tried they would not stick so I went with not having them there.  I was still left with some of the sections of the title lifting up from the glitter card so resolved this by holding them down with a wooden snowflake (bought in the sale from Sainsburys as they were left over Christmas present embellishments).


The final stage was to add my photo, with papers and a doily behind it, some gems to the centre of the snowflakes and a few sequins -  I just took a few sequins and dropped them onto my page and then stuck them down where they landed.








No comments:

Post a Comment