Friday 18 January 2019

Stash busting with my Silhouette Cameo

New Year means resolutions and for 2019 I am determined to use more of my ever growing stash supply.

Having a Silhouette Cameo is a definite advantage as I can cut so many different images and designs for scrapbooking, card making and  3D projects.

This week I decided to work with a challenge set by a Facebook group called For the Love of Pretty Paper. For January we are asked to bust out the patterned papers and one of their team designed this sketch for inspiration...


Initially I decided to use the sketch very literally and I created a square shape on the design page and replicated it in 3 different sizes.

I chose 4 different 6x6 papers from onecollection and arranged them to cover the cutting mat


I arranged the square shapes I had created so an equal number would be cut from each 6x6 sheet


Once cut out I used a 12 x 12 piece of patterned paper, trimmed slightly and mounted on a 12x12 sheet of patterned paper from the same collection as the 6x6 range, to create my background.

I arranged all the squares to mimic the sketch...


I cut out a few other co-ordinating pieces, added some stickers and one large photo and the page was complete...


My second take on the sketch is slightly different. I love patterned paper but find it difficult to actually use some of the big bold patterns


But I knew this piece would look great once it was tranformed using this square tiles cutfile shrunk to fit the paper multiple times...


 I used patterned paper as a background again mounted on more patterned paper (twice!) and added the cutfiles on foam pads backing some of the wonky square shapes...


I kept to a fairly monochrome colour theme


and loved my finished page...


So I managed to use lots of paper and  bits of epehmera on these 2 layouts great stash busting!

Any Silhouette related resolutions?  Any stash busting ideas you can give  me? Please share in the comments below.

See you soon

Ruth xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment