Sunday 13 January 2019

Sunday's with Steph - 12 x 12 Scrapbooking layout - Make a wish



Hello Crafters!

Welcome to this weeks blog post.  So back in October I was lucky enough to become the Auntie of not one but two perfect boys.

We had all been waiting a long time for my sister to have a child and we were blessed with two so I had to scrap the moment and found this lovely design by Sarah Hurley that I thought fitted the bill perfectly https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/designs/195712?search=make+a+wish+home+design&sortby=relevance&submitted_search=true this design can also be cut in vinyl to make a wall art piece but I decided to use it for scrapbooking purposes.


I copied the design onto my design template and ungrouped it to remove the make a wish wording, the circles and move the stem into place.  I then re-grouped it to enlarge the design and sit it to the left had side of my page.  I used my favourite diamond white card by Bazzill and send it to cut ensuring that it passed through the design twice.

Once it had cut I carefully removed the paper from my cutting mat then collected all of the leftovers off the sheet too.  I started with the smallest "wishes" and stuck them onto the page near to where the gaps that they had come from to give an extra dimension to the layout.  I then went with the next smallest and so on until I got to the largest six wishes.  I then used foam risers on the petals and a little glue on the end to lift the layout even more.  I used a flat white piece of card behind the layout ensuring I had placed foam risers all over the back first to give it even more depth.



I used some pom pom ribbon around my photo and a couple of pieces of net behind it too.  I then stuck it onto some grey card on foam raisers along with my journaling this was stuck to the bottom right hand corner.  I lined up my title with the edge of the photo and used some typed wording along the far left side.  Once they were all stuck down I added a star paperclip and lots of enamel dots and hearts in white and two shades of grey and that was it...layout complete!



 Thank you for reading my blog post today....until next week scrapbookers!

Best wishes

Steph xx

No comments:

Post a Comment