Thursday 7 March 2019

How to personalise your Gym t-shirt with Iridescent Vinyl



Today I am going to show you how to personalise your Gym t-shirt. I thought of this project as, when I can get some free time from my business at Helens Craft Studio I've decided to go back to the gym after baby and I bought some blank t-shirts and really wanted to make them a bit more special and maybe even something motivational! 

Materials 
Step One
The first thing you will need to do is select your design and open it in Silhouette Studio. I chose the 'muscles and mascara' phrase. I just thought it was cute. Once open in Silhouette Studio make sure you resize the design so that it will fit onto your t-shirt. Then click on the 'send' tab to cut. I cut the design on the 'iridescent vinyl' setting. This worked really well and I didn't have to change the settings at all. 


When you click on 'send' the program will ask you if you want to mirror your design. If you haven't already done so click on 'send mirrored' 


How to load HTM vinyl into the Silhouette

When you unroll your vinyl you will see that there is a shiny side to it. The shiny side needs to be facing down onto the mat. Then load it into the Silhouette. Cut the vinyl and then weed your design. 




Applying your vinyl to the t-shirt.

First place you vinyl in the position you would like it on the t-shirt with the vinyl side down and the shiny backing up. You don't need to use transfer tape to move the design to the t-shirt. I then put some baking parchment over the design to protect the iron form the plastic. Once you have everything ready use a hot iron to press the vinyl. I had to press quite hard and also hold the iron over one spot for a 10-15 seconds to help it adhere to the shirt. I checked that the vinyl was sticking a few times by just lifting a small corner of the design up. 




Once the design is completely stuck down, I let it cool for a few seconds and then removed the clear plastic. The design came out perfectly and I really like the look of the iridescent vinyl on this project as its just a bit sparkly and changes with the light. I think you can just about see this in the finished photo :) 


If you liked this project leave me a comment below to tell me which design you would love to add to your gym outfit :) 

Helen x
 
   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment