Sunday 20 May 2018

Sunday's with Steph - A quick and easy First Communion Card



Hello and welcome to another week of Sunday's with Steph :o)

So we had a family event coming up a first Holy Communion of my friends son.  We were all looking forward to this event and it didn't disappoint.

Ok so the family said no gifts, our presence is their present.  Hmmmm way unfair - I love giving presents and really getting a visit from me and my family is I guess ok for a gift but we are really not that interesting for a ten year old. (I know he loves us - loves our dogs more - but likes us a fair bit) but I couldn't turn up empty handed so I made them all some bits and pieces.  The bottles from last weeks blog were all for them as well as a series of photos that I had scrapbooked for them.  When they received my gifts they were absolutely delighted, really touched and thought I was an amazing person for making these lovely presents for the whole family.  This all equalled one very happy family and a very happy Steph 😁😁😁



If I'm honest with you I wasn't going to make a card - My eldest had been into town on quite a few occasions with the instructions of buying a communion card!!  Of course being a teenager she also forgot on quite a few occasions too!!  But I actually don't know why I buy cards any more, so she is now forgiven. They are so quick and easy to make with the silhouette machine I need to now do this all the time (and obviously post the results to you guys!!)

So I went onto the Silhouette Store and purchased this design.  https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/view-shape/59720 what I liked about this card as well as being a regular card you could also add a gift card holder or a cash holder to the inside!  I chose a shimmery white card stock, a plain yellow card stock and a printed yellow card stock for my design.  I cut out the white card stock first, then the yellows ensuring when I cut out the single cross from the patterned paper I moved the cross design to the middle of the paper so that the paper could still be used for another project.

Once cut the card came together very quickly.  I used foam risers under the crosses to give the card some dimensional aspect and here you go.  A quick and easy card, much cheaper than from the shops and much nicer too!


Thanks for reading and happy crafting!!

Love

Steph x x


No comments:

Post a Comment