Wednesday 30 May 2018

Design of the Week - Class of 2018 - 29th May 2018



Hello, hello - Karen here with the DOTW.  This week it is a phrase - Class Of 2018 - perfect for those of you who have children at school or who are graduating this year.



My daughter graduated last year and so I was a bit flummuxed as to how I was going to use this design and then I realised that it would be easy to change the 8 to a 7.  I opened the design, ungrouped it and moved the 'class of' to the side of the design area.



I then used the text tool to add a 7 in a font as near to the original as possible.  I stretched it until it was the same height as the 8 and then deleted the 8.



For this design I gave the numbers an external offset to draw with a white sketch pen and cut it from patterned paper.  I gave the 'class of' an internal offset to draw with a blue pen and then cut it from a piece of white card.


 So I had a perfect title for a scrapbook page of my daughter and her friends, the first photo was taken the day they were told they had passed their course and the second was at their graduation.






No comments:

Post a Comment