DEADLINE EXTENDED TO 07/01/18
The Silhouette UK blog has been running for almost 2 years now, we have learnt lots together and are ready to dive in for another 12 months of amazing projects and tutorials – why don’t you join us?
This year we are looking for some fresh faces to join our design team the bigger the range of experience between the team, the better, so if your style is a little quirky don’t let that put you off applying!
We are looking for people with different machines from within the Silhouette range and that enjoy a challenge with different products.
You will be expected enough to edit your own step by step and project photos and write a blog post in the blogger interface for each blog project, in keeping it with a certain style. We are also looking for people who enjoy making video tutorials, so if blogging is not your thing don’t be put off, we can turn your video tutorials into a blog post.
Do you want a great welcome pack, free Silhouette products delivered to your door each month, discounted products from Graphtec and to be the first to see new products and have free designs from the silhouette store?
Does this sound too good to be true? Well, it’s not! When you’re a member of the Silhouette UK Design Team 2017-2018, you get all of this and more.
We’re looking for reliable, well-written, and enthusiastic bloggers, YouTubers and Crafters to join our design team. Are you up for the challenge?
What would you do as a member of the Silhouette UK Design Team?
· Use your Silhouette to create and submit 3 new project tutorials monthly
· Showcase Silhouette products and create detailed tutorials on how to use them
· Optional opportunities may arise to take part in magazine articles, exhibitions, shows and demonstrations
· Be the go-to for new Silhouette users and provide inspiration for our Silhouette regulars
· Promote your post via personal social media accounts and blogs
· Contribute to the Silhouette UK Blog
· Use your Silhouette Machine to make samples for TV shows and exhibitions
What does it take to be a member of the Silhouette UK Design Team?
· Solid camera skills to show off your projects
· Good knowledge of the machines functions and software
· Computer skills – using blogger, dropbox, excel, and facebook
· 2-3 hours a week writing project tutorials
· A passion for the Silhouette brand and products
· A commitment for 12 months
· Good communication skills, you will work closely with the other team members to ensure projects do not overlap
· Ability to work to deadlines and manage your workload
· Confidence in talking about the products, there may be some opportunities to take part in some Shows and demonstrations in the future
What are those perks you were talking about?
· A Welcome pack to get you started
· A special package sent to your door each month with supplies to use on your projects
· Discounted products from the Graphtec store
· Shout outs on our social media platforms (like Instagram, facebook and twitter) to your blog posts and designs
· A link to your personal website or blog in every post
· Free designs from the silhouette store
· Be the first to find out about all things Silhouette
HOW TO APPLY
Submit the following information in an email to email@example.com with ‘DESIGN TEAM December 17’ in the subject line.
In a short paragraph tell us a little bit about yourself and your crafting history including:
· Links to your website/blog and other social media sites, ie. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, Pinterest, G+:
· If you are currently on a design team, please list them
· Tell us why you think you’d be a good fit for our team
· How would you describe your crafting style
· What Machines you have from the Silhouette range – we are looking for Mint and Curio users as well as Cameo users
List which of the following categories you are most interested in, you can choose more than one.
· clothing / accessories / jewellery
· quilting / sewing / fabric
· home décor
· cards & papercrafts
· vinyl projects
· altered art
Attach photos of 5 to 10 of your best Silhouette projects for each of the categories you listed and include a step by step tutorial for a Silhouette project too (word or PDF format preferred) so we can get a feel for your writing style
It is great to see projects in the flesh, if you would like to send projects please send them to:
Graphtec GB Ltd
Graphtec GB Ltd
Wrexham Technology Park,
Please note, projects will not be able to be returned to you and the Design Team Call is open to UK residents only
DEADINE: Tuesday 19th December 2017, we hope to have made a decision by Thursday 21st December 2017
We look forward to seeing your work. Best of luck