I love browsing in charity shops to find items to up-cycle with my Silhouette Cameo. Friends had treated me to a stay with them and I wanted to make them a thank you gift using photographs I had taken around their boat.
Silhouette Cameo or Portrait
Faux leather in brown and black
2 brass paper fasteners
Lace background file such as:
Snapdragon snippets Fourished lace #30671
or Lace pattern by Jamie Koay #4260
or Christmas background by Lori Stevens #23632
Tag file such as:
Mustache Gift tags by Sophie Gallo #18804
or Labels by BasicGrey # 56014
- I bought a photo album very cheaply that had a garish cover which I removed.
- I made some narrow rectangles, filled them with colour and printed them on thick copier paper for the inside of each cover.
- I cut some brown Faux leather to cover the outside, cutting across the corners to mitre them neatly as shown.
- Before gluing them in place, I washed these two pieces in hot water and squeezed out the water to give it a crumpled look more like leather. Once they were dry I stuck these on the outside with Copydex glue, which smells terrible, but is strong enough to adhere carpet! I hand cut a slit for the ribbon to pass through.
- Open the file for the filigree, lace background. Resize it if needed for your project. Cut it, and the tag shape at the correct settings for Silhouette Faux leather.
- Carefully glue the "lace" neatly onto the front.
- I added two brass fasteners to either side of the tag and then glued the tag along three of the sides, leaving the top open.
- I cut a small piece of acetate as a clear, protective window, and printed out the name for the front of my album which were then slipped into place.
I should have taken a "before" picture, but I can tell you that the album looks really classy compared to the one I bought in the charity shop!
The faux leather cuts beautifully with the Cameo, and I hope you will be tempted to try it out.
Faux leather paper