Earlier in the year, I made a design for a cybercrop I was part of, which used lots and lots of different letter stickers to make the title. I really liked the effect it gave and at the time thought that would be easy, peasy, lemon squeezy to do with the Silhouette.
Step One - Designing Your Block Of Text.
- I chose some lyrics from a song as my block of text but any phrase or quote will be equally as effective. It would be really cute to use a quote from a toddler!
- I typed them out onto my page and then changed the individual words for different fonts. I also changed the orientation of some of the words to give the text block more interest. I then resized it to fit nicely onto my page.
- I decided that I wanted to use different ways of writing the words - sketch pen, sewing, back fill and normal cut words.
- The words that I wanted to sew I changed into perforated lines and then added a border and photo space and perforated those too.
blue = sketch pen, green= cut from card to backfill, black = sewing and red is regular cut.
- I grouped the words into colours and then removed the ones I wasn't working with. I used my sketch pens first. Next I cut the words to be backfilled and sewn plus the photo spot and the border. Finally, I cut the words in red from different coloured scraps of card.
- The last part of this process was to sew the words and border.
- To finish off my layout I added a glittery lace strip at the top and bottom of the page and a glittery photo mount.