Hello, Karen with a quick post about some Christmas presents I made. I really wanted to make some personalised mugs for my nieces and nephews and for Gracia's two best friends. I knew that it could be done using permanent vinyl and thought I would give it a go. I was thrilled with the results.
You will need
Mugs (mine are colour changing mugs from E-Bay)
Silhouette Cameo or Portrait.
STEP 1 - Designing the Mugs.
- To begin with I chose phrases that suited each person that the mugs were meant for.
- I measured my mugs, with a tape measure, and then knew that I had to make the designs 8ins wide and 4 ins tall.
- I added a name to each of the mug designs, for the male mugs I used Bauhaus 93 font for the male mugs - this is a font that I already had on my computer and not a Silhouette one. For the female mugs I used the font KB Sparkles.
- As I was using A4 sized vinyl sheets I was able to get three mugs per sheet.
- I cut the phrases and names and removed the excess vinyl.
Step 2 - Applying the Vinyl
- I used transfer tape to remove one of the phrases from the sheet and with the handle of the mug on the left applied it to the mug. I used the scraper tool to really press the vinyl onto the mug. I then laid the mug so that the handle was on the right and applied the appropriate name.