Sunday 15 January 2017

Oh Christmas Tree Reverse Offset Border


Hey there, Niki here with you today with an effective looking tip for using your offset tool. First of all I selected my shape from the Silhouette Design Store: Oh Christmas Tree and opened it up in my software. I resized and positioned the design onto my background.

I then selected the shape and went to the offset menu. I stuck with the default outline of 0.125 and applied it.

I then removed the middle section ie the original design, and was left with just my outline on the cutting mat. I cut this from white card.  I then cut the original design without re-sizing from three different colours. I then stuck the outline onto another sheet of white card with the edges of the holes raised up with foam pads to give dimension. I then stuck the pieces of the original design into the holes.

The effect is that the original design cut out of different colours has a raised outline which is super effective ☺

Give this super-simple but effective technique a try :) 








 
Designs Used:


PRODUCTS USED:


3 comments:

  1. Oh that idea brilliant idea! Thanks for the tutorial. I am thinking of a using this idea for a valentine's card...can't wait for next Christmas, lol! Maybe I can layer several offsets with the a coloured heart as the background...so it looks like it is beating, aah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I particularly like the flourished "oh" Niki!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tutorial thanks for sharing it

    ReplyDelete