Monday 2 January 2017

Personalised Mugs using Permanent Vinyl



Hello, Karen with a quick post about some Christmas presents I made.  I really wanted to make some personalised mugs for my nieces and nephews and for Gracia's two best friends.  I knew that it could be done using permanent vinyl and thought I would give it a go.  I was thrilled with the results.

You will need
Mugs (mine are colour changing mugs from E-Bay)
Permanent Vinyl
Transfer Paper
Silhouette Cameo or Portrait.

STEP 1 - Designing the Mugs.


  • To begin with I chose phrases that suited each person that the mugs were meant for.
  • I measured my mugs, with a tape measure, and then knew that I had to make the designs 8ins wide and 4 ins tall.
  • I added a name to each of the mug designs, for the male mugs I used Bauhaus 93   font for the male mugs - this is a font that I already had on my computer and not a Silhouette one.  For the female mugs I used  the font KB Sparkles.
  • As I was using A4 sized vinyl sheets I was able to get three mugs per sheet.

  • I cut the phrases and names and removed the excess vinyl. 

Step 2 - Applying the Vinyl

  • I used transfer tape to remove one of the phrases from the sheet and with the handle of the mug on the left applied it to the mug. I used the scraper tool to really press the vinyl onto the mug.  I then laid the mug so that the handle was on the right and applied the appropriate name. 
I had great fun choosing appropriate phrases for each family member.










DESIGNS USED:



PRODUCTS USED:



2 comments:

  1. can i ask where you buy your permanemt vinyl from and which brand you use please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. You can buy Silhouette permanent vinyl from Graphtec UK
      https://graphtecgb.co.uk/product/silhouette-9-x-10-glossy-permanent-vinyl/

      Delete