Thursday 18 May 2017

American style tshirt using printable heat transfer fabric


Hi! Bev here with a project I created for my daughters Multicultural day at school.  Each child in the school chooses a country and wears clothing and learns facts related to that country.  My daughter chose America as her country and I set about making her a tshirt to wear.

I decided to use the iron on printable vinyl as it is very quick and easy to do and we needed it in a bit of a hurry.  Choosing a font from the Silhouette Design Store and a design, opened up a fresh page in the Silhouette Studio and began compiling the componants of the design.




Using the font and changing the colours to tie in with the Flag, I used the words America and Poppy.  I placed the Poppy on the reverse of the shirt in the manner of an American football jersey.  It also personalised it for Poppy which she loved.


Printing out the design onto the printable vinyl, and using a hot iron with no steam I placed the design on to the tshirt.  Always use a layer between the vinyl backing and the iron, either a muslin cloth or a pillowcase, and use circular motions with the iron to ensure even distribution of the heat.

I love how this shirt turned out and as a quick make in a pinch, Poppy went to school and really looked the part.



I have loved sharing this project with you and can not wait to see what you create.

(Just a little note to add, I noticed after I had printed the design that the flag should have started with a red stripe. The design dictated which colour went first)

Designs Used:

Flag USA by Silhouette - Design ID#1638
Varsity Font by Erin Doran - Design ID#110209

Products Used:

Light hold cutting mat for Cameo

No comments:

Post a Comment