Sunday 22 October 2017

You Say Witch Like it's a Bad Thing: Creating an Internal Offset



Hey! Niki here with you today, with a quick tutotial on how to create an internal offset...for those of you who know me well by now, you'll know I like to add stitching to my cut files and layouts, so today's layout takes a pre-made cut file from the Silhouette Design Store and I am going to add an internal offset and stitch around that.

I started off with this witches hat cut file with a phrase inside.


I went to the Object menu and Released the Compound Path so that all parts of the cut file were separate.
I then selected the outline only and went to the Offset window on the right. I selected Internal Offset and played around with the amount until  was happy that my internal offset didn't effect the wording within the file. I could have created an external offset of course but this time I went internal.
I then selected the internal offset that I have just created and went up to the Line Style dropdown menu. I choose the third one down, the dashed line and that turned my internal offset into a stitched line instead of a solid line. I then sent my cut file to cut - the machine cut all the solid lines but perforated the internal offset. I could then apply stitching around the internal line of the hat.
I love the black shape outlined by the orange stitching, what a fab cut file!


Thank you so much for joining me today and checking out my layout - happy scrapping xx 

Find me on my own blog: Being Scrappy and on Instagram as @nikiclaire





PRODUCTS USED:


No comments:

Post a Comment