Wednesday 27 March 2019

Design of the Week - 3D Flower - 26th March 2019


Hello, hello - Karen here with my Wednesday DOTW post.

The DOTW is a really lovely 3D flower with leaves.


As you can see I constructed mine a little different to the one above as I wanted to use it on a layout and when I folded it how it was intended it was a little too bulky even for me!


When you open the file the flower is huge so I wonder if it is intended for home decor rather than for cards or scrapbook pages. 

I started by reducing the size of the design using the scale panel and then copied them and reduced them again to 80% for the smaller ones.


I also reduced the size of the leaves and added a line along the centre of each one which I set my Silhouette to score. 


I decided not to use the centre of the flower but to added a small cabochon to the middle of my flowers. 



I started constructing my page by firstly adding a sketch pen border to my page using this design and making it 11.5 ins square.



I also used this design form my title and photo frame.  


All that was left was to put my page together - I curled each layer of my flower


then I added some gems and rose gold splashes.






2 comments: